Welcome to the World Builder website. Here you will find news and tutorials for World Builder, the exciting new iPhone application made by, and for, those who play pen-and-paper Role Playing Games (RPGs).
So, what is World Builder anyway?
World Builder is a suite of tools that enables Game Masters (GMs) to Build, Map, and Explore worlds like never before.
Create Locales, Non-Player Characters (NPCs), and Maps in just minutes on your iPhone or iPod touch. Then, navigate your worlds with just the tap of a finger.
Never leave your game behind. With World Builder, your games are with you wherever you go, safely stored with your music and videos.
Quickly find the information you need at the game table. No more shuffling through reams of notes, looking for the write-up on that important NPC.
Need a map for that tavern? No problem. Using the Map tools, you can create a floor plan in just minutes.
Customize World Builder to fit your game. Don’t want Warriors and Wizards? Just change the options to Mech-Pilot, Telepath, or whatever suits you campaign. All Locale and NPC characteristics options are customizable.
Here’s just some of the features:
- Rapid navigation of your worlds, using “family tree” style relationships
- Quick access to People, Places and Images for all of your Locales
- Easy Locale and NPC creation using fully customizable options
- Reusable Text Blocks that can be pasted into Locale and NPC Descriptions
- Includes over 150 mapping symbols and tiles
- Make overland maps, city maps, dungeon maps, and interior floor plans
- Customize Locale and NPC characteristics to fit any genre or campaign
Head over to our Tutorials page for detailed lessons on how to use World Builder.